[oe] Adding support for additional qemu machine configurations

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 21:54:26 UTC 2013

Hi,
     I'd like to put forward a proposal for adding support for additional qemu machine configurations, either by way of creating a new meta-qemu layer, or adding additional machine configurations to the oe-core, targetting a future release (say 1.6 or 1.7).

Proposed qemu machine configurations, not currently included in oe-core, are as follows:

- qemuarmv7 (useful for emulating TI OMAP 3 based platforms)
- qemuarma9 (useful for emulating TI OMAP 4 and Freescale i.MX6 platforms)
- qemuarmv8 (for AArch64 platforms)
- qemumips64

As a first step, I can contribute support for qemuarmv7, qemuarma9 and qemuarmv8.

Thanks and do let me know your thoughts on this.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson