[oe] Compiling the kernel source from Angstrom distribution & building an OS console-image.

vishal gupta visgupta07 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 07:17:43 UTC 2013

Thank you Koen for the reply.

I made the local changes so that i can include some features in my kernel.
The features are:
1.The camera driver mt9t112 for LI-LBCM3M1 from leopard imaging.
2.The camera driver mt9v113 for LI-LBCMVGA from leopard imaging.

As per a small test carried out by me i found that both the above camera
modules work fine with the pre-build image with Kernel  Version 2.6.32 from
Narccissus Image Builder.

So i downloaded the source of this Narccissus image from Angstrom
Distribution (https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/meta-angstrom) and i
went for making the below listed local changes to change the default kernel
version which is 3.2.28 to the kernel version 2.6.32.

In the beagleboard.conf file present in the meta-ti layer i made the
following changes.
""
#PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-mainline"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-omap-psp"

""

& adding an smc.patch to resolve  another error which i got when i compiled
above changed ,below is the error what i got.
""
/tmp/ccWRvvsG.s:309: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode
`smc #0'
""

This error was resolved as i added the smc.patch.

But encountered with the error when command "MACHINE=beagleboard bitbake
console-image" is run  i got the error as presented in previous mail and
below again :
"
cp: cannot stat `include/generated/bounds.h': No such file or directory
ERROR: Function failed: do_compileconfigs (see
/home/vishal/oe-nad/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_v2012_12-eglibc/work/beagleboard-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-omap-psp-2.6.32-r122c+gitr5fc29e7b2a76a64a739f857858ef0b98294aa155/temp/log.do_compileconfigs.22554
for further information)
"

Now I hope you have more information...!!
Sorry that i was not clear in explanation in my previous mail.

Please guide me to debug this "Function failed: do_compileconfigs" issue..

Vishal