[oe] tdom bitbake configure invocation

David Good david.good1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 23:47:03 UTC 2013

Hello All,

I've been trying to write a bitbake recipe for the tdom package (XML in
Tcl), and am almost there, but am a little confused about paths and
variables in bitbake.

The tdom package normally requires you to go into an os specific build dir
and then invoke configure like this: ../configure

I couldn't figure out how to make the oe_runconf do that, so I made a
do_configure() function to do it by hand.  This "works" in that I get to
the compile stage, but the output makefile still has references to
-L/usr/lib in some places.

At this point, I'm literally just trying things and running bitbake to see
what happens, but I even if this does complete, I'm not confident that it
will be correct.

Can anyone suggest how to attack this problem or at least tell me if I'm on
the right or wrong track?

Here is my tdom_8.8.3.bb file so far:

DESCRIPTION = "XML data processing in Tcl"
LICENSE = "MPL-1"
SECTION = "devel/tcltk"
HOMEPAGE = "http://tdom.github.io/"
DEPENDS = "tcl-native"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://../LICENSE;md5=4673aaff544d4c9b9a521cb8e0860bfb"
PR = "r0"

SRC_URI = "git://github.com/tDOM/tdom.git;protocol=git;tag=master"

S = "${WORKDIR}/git/unix"

inherit autotools

EXTRAEXTRA_OECONF = "--with-tcl=${STAGING_LIBDIR}"

do_configure() {
        ../configure --with-tcl=${STAGING_LIBDIR}
--host=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
}

Thanks!

--David