[oe] [meta-oe-meta-systemd 0/5] xinput-calibrator rework

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 8 22:10:38 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:

> Op 05-02-13 23:18, Andreas Müller schreef:
>> * Implemented are 3 modes of invocation: 1. udev/systemd 2.
>> /etc/xdg/autostart 3. manual 1/2 are selected upon DISTRO_FEATURES
>> containing systemd or not
>>
>> * The calibration is stored in
>> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-<name-of-touchscreen>.conf Herby support for
>> multiple touchsceen devices is prepared.
>>
>> * The script detects upon parameter information how it was called and
>> waits for xserver to come up / detect connected touchsceen devices. If no
>> matching calibration file is found, the xinput_calibrator is called for
>> this device. For systemd invocation the default display is choosen.
>>
>> * For manual invocation and multiple touchscreen devices attached, the
>> operator can select which device to calibrate interactively.
>>
>> * Multiple touchscreen support is prepared - the following open issues
>> are known: * Multiple touchscreens with same device name will get same
>> calibration values. An unique device identifier could not be found yet. *
>> systemd startup with multiple device cause multiple instances of
>> xinput_calibrator being started without information for which device the
>> calibration is performed.
>>
>> * Many many tests were performed: 2 automatic invocation types * (1st +
>> 2nd startup) * (0, 1, 2 touchscreens)
>>
>> * Other layers need alignment for pointercal removement. If accepted I
>> can take care (this is NOT an extortion :)
>
> At FOSDEM I found out that the Tias wearing the FOSDEM organization hoodie
> is actually the same Tias who maintains xinput-calibrator. Long story short:
> we should send all out patches upstream and he'll have a look at them. He is
> a big fan of the xorg conf snippet that this patchset introduces.
I will append the script/udev-rule/systemd service to the patchset.
With the systemd/udev stuff I would like to wait a bit until our users
have collected experience. After sending this series I saw that on
some images at first start xinput-calibrator is hidden by the greeter
application of dm. Up to now I did not yet find a good way to have
xinput_calibrator 'always on top'.

Andreas