[oe] Recipes for building ruby modules (rake, gems, etc.)

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Feb 12 14:05:40 UTC 2013

On Saturday 01 September 2012 08:54:11 Seth Bollinger wrote:
> I have a few ruby modules I need to create recipes for.  Are there any that
> already exist to run rake and gem building tasks (I need to build C
> extensions as well)?  I spent some time looking, but didn't find any.  I
> would like to reuse work before trying to roll my own.

Hi, I know this is quite an old post but in case you haven't seen, we now have
a meta-ruby layer in the meta-openembedded repository which at least has the
beginnings of ruby support. We'd welcome patches to improve this if you have
anything beyond what's there.

http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-ruby

Cheers,
Paul