[oe] gtk+3 update

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Jan 7 10:32:02 UTC 2013

On 6 January 2013 02:48, Marko Lindqvist <cazfi74 at gmail.com> wrote:
> We now have all the depencies of gtk+3-3.4. Latest version of gtk+3 is 3.6,
> but for that we still lack dependencies (at least atk-bridge from at-spi).
> As I'm working on software that has 3.4 as minimum gtk+3 requirement,
> it's more important for me to update to 3.4 now than to 3.6 a bit later.

My ross/gtk3 branch is capable of building 3.6.x as it includes the
new at-spi2 packages, but there are plans forming upstream for GTK+
3.4.x to be a "long term support" branch that they recommend
distributions adopt.

Considering we don't have the resources for a dedicated GTK+
maintainer, sticking with 3.4 is a wise move IMHO.

Ross