[oe] [meta-oe/meta-multimedia 0/2] games preparations

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Jan 14 14:07:47 UTC 2013

On Monday 14 January 2013 14:50:29 Samuel Stirtzel wrote:
> 2013/1/14 Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com>:
> > On 14 January 2013 13:34, Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com>
wrote:
> >> There is a meta-games FYI, I think this is possibly where these recipes
> >> ought to have gone.
> >
> > Agreed, these are gaming-specific and not generically "multimedia".
>
> Is this a suggestion that other similar recipes already in meta-oe and
> oe-core should be moved there as well?
> To be specific SDL comes to my mind...

Whilst SDL is mostly intended for games I know of at least one product using
it to provide a standard UI, so it may be a special case.

To answer the general question though, yes there is the intention that some of
the recipes in the meta-oe layer should move out to more specific layers where
appropriate; it's just that nobody has got around to doing that yet.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton