[oe] [meta-oe/meta-multimedia 0/2] games preparations

Marko Lindqvist cazfi74 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 17:04:54 UTC 2013

On 14 January 2013 18:49, Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On Monday 14 January 2013 16:36:05 Marko Lindqvist wrote:
>> On 14 January 2013 15:34, Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
>> wrote:
>> > There is a meta-games FYI, I think this is possibly where these recipes
>> > ought to have gone.
>>
>>  They actually are there at the moment. But as I have considered them
>> not games specific, they have been marked as something that lives
>> there only temporarily until they can be properly introduced to more
>> general layers. I guess Andreas has been working on that basis. My bad
>> for not checking from generic layers if they would be accepted.
>>  So, what's the concensus. Should they be removed from meta-games as
>> they are in general layer, or should they be moved from staging area
>> of meta-games to official game libraries area?
>
> I would have thought we should consider meta-games to be the canonical place
> for gaming-related recipes.

 Games and libraries that clearly are for games only (allegro at the
moment) belong to meta-games, but components that could be used by
non-game recipes are less clear. Keep them in meta-games until there
actually is some non-game recipe depending on them forcing their move
to general layers, or introduce them to general layers from the
beginning (or as I've done now, quick and dirty addition to meta-games
with TODO to make proper addition to general layer)?

 - ML