[oe] Archived patchwork entries Was: OE-Classic patches in patchwork

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 23:49:02 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 12:05:07PM +0100, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 12:20:58AM +0100, Martin Jansa wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 06:11:22PM +0000, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > There is a significant volume of patches in the OE patchwork [1] that are
> > > intended to apply to OE-Classic. Apart from the 2011.3-maintenance branch, OE-
> > > Classic is no longer maintained in favour of OE-Core + layers, so the question
> > > is what should we do with these patches? At the moment I'm thinking we should
> > > just mark them as "archived" so that they disappear from the queue; people can
> > > still get access to them if needed.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> > There is also 70 patches from chase maupin just updating LICENSE to
> > contain also version.
> >
> > I'm not using oe-classic anymore, but I believe he prepared them
> > carefully and it's worth merging.
> >
> > I'll create bundle from it and apply it tomorrow if nobody objects.
>
> Can we fix patchwork to show bundles marked as public to public users?
>
> I've few bundles
> Name	Project	Public Link	Patches	Download	Delete
> in-test		oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/in-test/	21
> oe-classic	oe 	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/oe-classic/	61
> oe-classic-lic	oe 	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/oe-classic-lic/	70
> 2011.03-maintenance oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/2011.03-maintenance/	1
> denzil		oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/denzil/	6
> danny		oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/danny/	5
> meta-handheld	oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/meta-handheld/	1
> meta-java	oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/meta-java/	15
> meta-opie	oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/meta-opie/	1
>
> But without sharing link to bundle, nobody will find it (AFAIK) maybe
> there is newer version of Patchwork which shows public bundles
> somewhere?
>
> oe-classic bundle is now marked as archived - so not listed by default.
> oe-classic-lic also marked as archived and I'll apply it later today.
>
> It would be great if we agree to mark patches as archived when they get assigned
> to some bundle to keep main patchwork list relatively clean and layer/release
> maintainers can still see all patches with "New" state in corresponding bundle.
>
> I've also marked some patches with review comments without reply as
> "Changes requested" + archived. Pity that some patches had rather
> trivial issues, but submitter never responded with v2..
>
> And there were some patches for oe-core already applied in oe-core.. so
> marked as "Not applicable" + archived.

Andrea just asked about this, so if someone missed this information:

There are some bundles:
2011.03-maintenance oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/2011.03-maintenance/	1
danny		oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/danny/			9
denzil		oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/denzil/			10
in-test		oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/in-test/			161
meta-browser	oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/meta-browser/		7
meta-handheld	oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/meta-handheld/		2
meta-initramfs	oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/meta-initramfs/		1
meta-java	oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/meta-java/			15
meta-kde	oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/meta-kde/			1
meta-networking	oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/meta-networking/		12
meta-opie	oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/meta-opie/			2
meta-systemd	oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/meta-systemd/		25
meta-webserver	oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/meta-webserver/		2
oe-classic	oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/oe-classic/			62
oe-classic-lic	oe	http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/oe-classic-lic/		70

I'm adding patches to right bundle when I'm sorting patches to
test them on jenkins (in-test bundle, contrib/jansa/in-test branch).

In the process I'm marking them as "Archived" (to see what's not sorted in main page),
but because their state stays "New" you can still find them in bundles, e.g.
http://patches.openembedded.org/bundle/jama/meta-webserver/?archive=both

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com