[oe] bitbake dies with an python exception | AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Thu Jul 4 09:53:15 UTC 2013

On 4 July 2013 10:17, Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 04 July 2013 10:18:32 Cestonaro Thilo wrote:
>> hey,
>>
>> found it. The Var "FAKEROOTCMD" wasn't set so bitbake died as executing
>> "None" doesn't work.
>>
>> Added
>> FAKEROOTCMD="fakeroot"
>> to my local.conf and it worked.
>>
>> But anyway, shouldn't this be the default?!
>>

> FAKEROOTCMD is set in meta/conf/bitbake.conf, so this is indeed unexpected.
> BTW, "fakeroot" is not correct - it needs to point to pseudo (and that is the
> default if you have a look at meta/conf/bitbake.conf).

I stumbled onto this sort of error when I cloned poky at master but
copied my bblayers.conf from a previous build and didn't update the
paths to point to the correct places for the layers. So I was running
latest bitbake with latest poky 'scripts' directory on the path,
against an old version of the 'dylan' branch of poky.

What versions of openembedded/poky/bitbake are you using? If they're
fetched from git I'd recommend updating everything and trying again.
It could just be a mismatch between the bitbake version and the
metadata versions.

Hope this helps,

--
Paul Barker