[oe] bitbake dies with an python exception | AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'

Cestonaro Thilo thilo.cestonaro at ts.fujitsu.com
Fri Jul 5 12:35:03 UTC 2013

Hey,
> Not got time to try reproducing right now, but I did have a very quick
> look in git.
>
> On the bitbake side:
> http://git.openembedded.org/bitbake/commit/?id=860ec42b220b7ed3f3bbe52c3546bba66644eac8
>
> On the oe-core side:
> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=003ea0fd1017dde50ced710179d0dc2e835d5185

"git show <commit>" shows that my bitbake clone has the commit 86...,
but my oe-core clone is missing the 003.... commit.
So I guess that this is the problem.

Ok. The Problem was, that I cloned clones of the oe-core and meta-oe
layers (via setup-scripts.git from Angstrom) but the bitbake clone was
from the original openembedded.org.

so, sorry for the confusion and thanks a lot for the quick look you have
taken!

Greetings
Thilo