[oe] [OE-core] State of bitbake world

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Sun Jul 7 10:51:45 UTC 2013

On 20 June 2013 10:39, Paul Barker <paul at paulbarker.me.uk> wrote:
> On 20 June 2013 03:28, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> luajit is rather a strange error, HOST_CC can't find <sys/types.h> or
>>> some other common headers.
>>
>> hmmm luajit does not fail here for beaglebone/qemuarm so not much I can help.
>>

> I'll throw a qemuarm build on today and see whether this is an issue
> with my build host or not.

Finally got round to solving this.

It uses HOST_CC="gcc -m32" as it needs pointer sizes to match between
host and target. On Ubuntu Server 12.04 I needed to run "sudo apt-get
install gcc-multilib libc6-i386 libc6-dev-i386" to get the correct
headers in place for the 32-bit host compile to work. So not an
OpenEmbedded bug.

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk