[oe] Invitation to attend the first TSC / Workgroup meeting

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Jul 26 16:32:00 UTC 2013

Hi all,

As you may be aware, the role of the OpenEmbedded TSC (Technical Steering
Committee) is currently evolving.  Over the past few meetings we have
discussed the need to focus our efforts on settings technical direction and
resolving conflicts (should they arise), instead of spearheading specific
technical contributions. While each of us expects to continue to be involved
in technical contributions, we want to reach out to the OpenEmbedded community
and work to establish a better way for work to be done.

Time: Tuesday July 30th - 16:00 GMT (9am PDT, 11am CDT, 12 EDT, 18:00 CEST,
17:00 BST)
Where: Freenode IRC, channel #oe

The goal of this meeting is to introduce the work that we have been doing, the
type of tasks that we believe need to be done, and a discussion with the
community on establishing one or more task-force/working group/etc in order to
accomplish the tasks.

While we are still working on a more formal agenda, we expect to cover topics
such as:

* janitor bugs (general cleanup/maintenance activities)
* eglibc -> glibc transition happening in the broader community
* oe-core/meta-oe work
* python 3 transition

Cheers,
Paul

[Thanks to Mark Hatle for the above text]

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre