[oe] bitbake dies with an python exception | AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Sun Jul 28 16:46:54 UTC 2013

Hi Paul,

On Sunday 28 July 2013 15:09:46 Paul Barker wrote:
> I've just ran into this again building dylan with the latest version
> of bitbake as it doesn't appear that the dylan branch of
> openembedded-core sets FAKEROOTCMD in bitbake.conf. I've cherry-picked
> the commit below from master onto dylan and it looks like the build is
> now going ahead happily.
>
> Bitbake has no dylan branch so I just assumed I was correct using
> master. Am I wrong here?

Technically the matching bitbake branch for dylan is 1.18. I'm not sure if we
spell this out anywhere, we probably should if not.

> If bitbake master is supposed to be able to build old branches of
> OpenEmbedded, perhaps this commit needs backporting to dylan/danny/etc? It
> looks like it shouldn't cause any harm if an older bitbake version is used
> as it simply adds values for FAKEROOTBASEENV and FAKEROOTCMD.

I haven't checked if it's a genuine problem, but I'd be concerned that any
fixes that went into OE-Core for bitbake's worker refactoring are not in dylan
and therefore you might get problems other than the one with FAKEROOTCMD.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton