[oe] [OE-core] SRC_URI and latest HEAD revision with git (in oe-classic)

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Jul 31 12:50:56 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 31 July 2013 12:02:42 Steffen Sledz wrote:
> On 22.07.2013 11:51, Paul Eggleton wrote:

> >> Hmmmm? This doesn't seem the work.
> >>
> >> Here's what i tried in my recipe:
> >>
> >> ------------> snip <------------
> >> PR = "r3"
> >>
> >> SRCREV="${AUTOREV}"
> >> PV = "gitr${SRCPV}"
> >> ------------> snip <------------
> >>
> >> But i get package versions like
> >>
> >>   gitr0+53b64e717404d282d0c58b7fa4a4e74ab2ca81ba-r3
> >>
> >> where SRCPB is always 0. :(
> >>
> >> A bit more description and/or a complete example would be very helpful.
> >
> > If you want these to increment now AIUI you need to be using the PR
> > server:
> >
> > https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/PR_Service
>
> And here comes my next really big problem. :(
>
> We're sitting on an big, old but active project based on oe-classic and
> bitbake 1.12.0. Irksomely we're forced to switch from SVN to GIT for this
> project. So we need the AUTOREV/PRSERV stuff for this old environment too.
>
> Has anyone tried to backport the feature to an older bitbake/oe-classic
> environment? Or can someone give some hints what's to do?

I'm not sure, but my gut feeling is you'd be better off trying to bring the
project up to be based on OE-Core rather than trying to bring such
functionality back to OE-Classic, particularly since for full functionality it
requires signature-based tasks that are only supported with current versions
of bitbake and require support from the metadata. You'd be trading some
hopefully short-term pain for long-term gain if the project is going to
continue for a reasonable amount of time.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton