[oe] [OE-core] OE TSC Minutes 4 June 2013

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Sat Jun 8 11:43:33 UTC 2013

On Saturday 08 June 2013 00:20:52 Martin Jansa wrote:
> > a. oe-classic recipe migration status
> > drop from agenda after this
>
> Not sure why I got this idea now when it's "over" but would it be
> possible to populate new layerindex with at least recipe names from
> OE-classic?
>
> I guess it would be hard to parse it completely as proper layer,
> but it would be nice to search for "foo" and see that it's available in
> OE-classic ready to be migrated to some layer - otherwise people will
> just start from scratch which isn't always best way.
>
> Even just names from migration wiki page would be enough to give people
> heads-up that something similar is in OE-classic.

Indeed, I had thought of this... I think we could do a one-off hacked up parse
to get the data into a separate table and then it would be more or less
static. At least it would give us an easy way to report on recipes that
haven't been migrated (currently I've been doing it with some scripts).

FYI I've been doing some work in my spare time on the layer index code
recently, implementing additional features and tidying a few things up
(published in the paule/features branch). The barrier to getting this up on
the live site is further testing and the database migration which I haven't
been through yet other than locally; I guess the less migrations the better so
it would probably be worth implementing the OE-Classic data structures before
that happens. I'll take a look at this if I have some spare time over the next
couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Paul