[oe] Patchwork access

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 16:42:01 UTC 2013

On Jun 19, 2013, at 4:40 AM, "Burton, Ross" <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> On 19 June 2013 10:09, Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>> A few people have been asking for access to patchwork recently, and it seems
>> like it isn't possible to create an account at the moment. Can we come up with
>> a plan to solve this?

The patchwork has same issue as wiki w.r.t to spam and phony account creations,
disabling the register page from active links reduces it tremendously. I will put interactions
on wiki on how to still use it after register link is not shown. The functionality is still there
but it can be seen on website.

> It's also sad that the oe-core patchwork isn't really usable as it's
> not detecting patches that have been merged.  Who's the right person
> to investigate this?

its a heuristic and best effort approach its not totally automatic. e.g. if V2 of a patch is send
and V1 is still there then it might close V1 if hashes are same. OE-Core patchwork is mainly
for reference as it was decided for cherry picking patches etc. for local use its not the patch
management solution for OE-Core as much as it is for other layers in there.