[oe] [RFT] GCC 4.8 recipes

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 05:51:50 UTC 2013

All,

I have added gcc 4.8 recipes and the branch is here

git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib kraj/gcc-4.8

cgit

http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-4.8

Please test it out on your respective environments if you can.

To enable gcc 4.8 with OE-Core you would

in local.conf set

GCCVERSION = "4.8%"

and if you use angstrom. Please checkout 'next' branch of setup-scripts
and then in conf/local.conf

set

ANGSTROM_GCC_VERSION = "4.8%"

My testing so far has been building systems-image for all qemu machines and they
seem to boot as good as 4.7 did. But I am hoping for wider testing and finding issues
or very least improve the existing recipes for now and once the 1.4 release is done
we can then propose it for inclusion in OE-Core

Thanks for your time

-Khem