[oe] Finding out the IMAGE_BASENAME of the image beeing built

Takeshi Hamasaki hmatrjp at users.sourceforge.jp
Sat Mar 30 13:04:57 UTC 2013

Hi Ulf,

$ MACHINE=beagleboard  bitbake -e some-image

shows all variables including $IMAGE_BASENAME without actually
building the image.
Using grep you can take the value of IMAGE_BASENAME, like as:

$ MACHINE=beagleboard  bitbake -e some-image | grep ^IMAGE_BASENAME

Does it help you?

If possible, consider to use hooks, for example, IMAGE_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND .
Refer image.bbclass for details. It might make things straiter.

Regards,
--
Takeshi Hamasaki