[oe] Please submit your unindexed layers

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu May 2 13:27:58 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Even a cursory search of github reveals that there are a growing number of
layers being worked on in the community that aren't currently listed in the OE
layer index. I don't think it would be right for us to just add all of these
in bulk as we don't necessarily have all the needed information to do so, and
it's not clear if some of them are forks, or if they will continue to be
published in the same place, etc. So, what we really need is for the
maintainers of these layers to submit them to the layer index themselves, or
have someone else do it on their behalf.

If you're maintaining a publicly accessible layer that already does something
useful and is not currently in the OE layer index, please submit it so that
other folks in the community can find it easily. The submission form doesn't
need a login and is pretty straightforward to fill in:

  http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/submit/

If you have any problems or concerns please let me know.

Thanks!

Paul

--

Paul Eggleton