[oe] [meta-oe] VLC (was re: State of bitbake world)

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Thu May 2 17:29:12 UTC 2013

(Subject changed and moved to just openembedded-devel as we're getting
vlc specific now)

On 2 May 2013 18:22, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 12:30:59PM -0400, Trevor Woerner wrote:
>> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Paul Barker <paul at paulbarker.me.uk> wrote:
>> > The recipe also has dependencies
>> > outside meta-oe (fluidsynth in meta-multimedia IIRC) but that's a
>> > separate issue.
>>
>> I've noticed that too. Shouldn't dependencies be contained within the
>> same layer? Is it normal from these dependencies to be spread out over
>> various layers?
>
> Yes, fluidsynth needs to be explicitly disabled in vlc and removed from
> DEPENDS or vlc moved to meta-multimedia
>
> See:
> http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2013-April/045090.html

I don't think we should modify the behaviour of the current VLC recipe
by removing fluidsynth as someone may be using that feature. At the
minute, if someone is using vlc, they're building with meta-multimedia
included. Nothing else in meta-oe seems to depend on vlc so I think it
should move over to meta-multimedia.

So I'm looking at two patches:

1) Move vlc to meta-multimedia
2) Fix do_package failure in vlc

Shall try to get on it within the next week.

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk
http://www.paulbarker.me.uk