[oe] meta-networking rp-pppoe

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Thu May 9 19:38:29 UTC 2013

I'm having a couple of problems with rp-pppoe.

The first issue is simple.  '${P}' is used in the SRC_URI, so if I am configured
to use multilibs I get failures.  The following fixes it:

-SRC_URI = "http://www.roaringpenguin.com/files/download/${P}.tar.gz \
+SRC_URI = "http://www.roaringpenguin.com/files/download/${BP}.tar.gz \

The second issue however, is something I haven't been able to figure out.  When
running the do_configure task, I get a failure:

checking packing order of bit fields... no defaults for cross-compiling
configure: error: ./configure failed for src

Looking into this, there is a patch that appears to be expecting something to
pass in "rpppoe_cv_pack_bitfields" with a value of 'normal' or 'rev'.  But I
don't see anything in the recipe that actually sets that value.

Is this is a bug in the integration, or am I missing something?