[oe] [meta-qt5] Qt5.0.1 eglfs with gles2 - patchset

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri May 10 10:48:11 UTC 2013

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 08:29:16AM -0700, Prabindh Sundareson wrote:
> Below github link has Qt5 eglfs patches for review - for working with gles2 platforms. Is this the right way to submit for review ? If not, should I submit individual patches ?
>

> https://github.com/prabindh/meta-qt5/commit/c8129fb5057f9254c773f82d2fdbd85d9c56410a
>
> I ran into the issue of managing the GL providers for eglfs support, and currently using a DISTRO_FEATURE check for virtual/libgl support and
> falling back to libgles2. I am sure there are better ways.
>
> This is build tested on Poky, with Yocto, and runtime checked with minimal plugin on Beaglebone, with TI SGX530 drivers on 3.8.5 kernel. There is no fb support on Beaglebone yet, but I hope to get to Arago on one of the EVMs next.

Sorry for very long delay, but there were bigger issues in meta-qt5
which needed to be fixed first before applying more changes to it.

Now it should work correctly, please rebase your and check if that
qtbase patch is still needed.

gl/gles2 selection is DISTRO choice, but testing
virtual/libgl in DISTRO_FEATURES is not going to work, we're using only
one DISTRO_FEATURE "opengl" and for gl/gles2 we would need finer
granularity.

Also please notice that there are now 2 variables and example how to
overwrite in distro .bbappend to force gles2 (+eglfs)

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com