[oe] bitbake angstrom-kde-active-image

Michael Long nikarul at gmail.com
Thu May 16 03:10:26 UTC 2013

I'm attempting to build Angstrom images for the Beagleboard-xm.  I have set
up OpenEmbedded for Angstrom and can successfully bitbake virtual/kernel
and some images, but I'm running into errors trying to build
angstrom-kde-active-image.  It fails on two packages, exiv2 and strigi.
I'm not exactly sure what the issue might be, as I'm new to the
OpenEmbedded build system.  It appears that strigi is attempting to link
against the native /usr/lib/libexpat.so for some reason.  Its not clear
from the build log what the exiv2 issue is. I haven't been able to find
anything on Google searching for issues with these two packages.  I've
tried cleaning and rebuilding them, I even tried a completely fresh build
(removed the build folder), no luck.

I've attached the logs from these two errors (exiv2 is log.do_compile.24500
and strigi is log.do_compile.24391).  Any suggestions?