[oe] [OE-core] [RFC] Layers, PRINC and bbappends

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu May 16 09:27:24 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 09:37:23AM +0100, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Thursday 16 May 2013 08:23:35 Koen Kooi wrote:
> > Op 15 mei 2013, om 22:33 heeft Richard Purdie
> > <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> het volgende geschreven:
> > >
> > > Could we undergo some mass purge of PRINC from master branches and then
> > > change the PR values once and for all in the core recipes? We could make
> > > PRINC throw a bb.fatal() from that point onwards.
> >
> > That would be nice.
>
> Maybe we could add some logic into the PR server that if it sees PRINC go
> backwards, it could just print a warning and increment the stored PR value to
> compensate? That might mean storing the previous value of PRINC if we're not
> already doing that of course.

PRINC is applied to INC_PR/PR
PR server handles only PRAUTO AFAIK
PKGR ?= "${PR}${EXTENDPRAUTO}"

so this wont work

BTW: some files are using AUTOPR as reference to PRAUTO
meta/classes/prexport.bbclass:            bb.warn("prexport_handler: No AUTOPR values found for %s" % ver)
meta/classes/primport.bbclass:        #import all exported AUTOPR values
scripts/bitbake-prserv-tool:    echo -e "\texport <file>: export and lock down the AUTOPR values from the PR service into a file for release."
scripts/bitbake-prserv-tool:    echo -e "\timport <file>: import the AUTOPR values from the exported file into the PR service."

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com