[oe] State of bitbake world

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Thu May 16 10:36:04 UTC 2013

On 16 May 2013 08:52, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:

>   meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-support/ipsec-tools/ipsec-tools_0.7.2.bb, do_compile

Picked this one up as it's relevant to what I'm doing with networking
at the minute. It works for me so likely related to the introduction
of gcc 4.8.

Cause of failure is:

| ipsec_doi.c: In function 'get_proppair':
| ipsec_doi.c:1321:24: error: argument to 'sizeof' in 'memset' call is
the same expression as the destination; did you mean to dereference
it? [-Werror=sizeof-pointer-memaccess]
|   memset(pair, 0, sizeof(pair));
|                         ^
| cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Looked at the PKGBUILD for arch linux
(https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/ipsec-tools)
and they seem to be disabling -Werror which would work around this.

This doesn't even seem to be reported upstream, nothing in the
relevant bugtracker.

When I get time to run a build with gcc 4.8 I'll have a bash at the
obvious fix to the code (ie. "sizeof(*pair)" not "sizeof(pair)").

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk
http://www.paulbarker.me.uk