[oe] [v2] gcc-4.8: Refactor gcc-4.8.0 patch files.

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Fri May 17 17:32:05 UTC 2013

Hi Khem,
                  I've noticed that the gcc-4.8.0 patches have made it's way to the master branch, but notice that you don't use the prefix patch numbers for any newly generated patches.

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.8

e.g. 0036-gcc-4.8-PR56797.patch, as opposed to gcc-4.8-PR56797.patch

It makes it quicker to know the linear sequence from looking at the patches in the gcc-4.8 folder, as well as the gcc-4.8.inc file, as time goes by.

This is what I had hoped to fix, when I submitted the refactored patches, since it will help easily add/remove/port patches for current and future versions of the gcc recipes. It is also useful, while attempting to compare patches across multiple gcc recipes.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson