[oe] Error message about multiple EGL / GLES providers

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Mon May 20 18:18:16 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am currently adapting the cubox layer for dylan, and get these errors:

ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide
virtual/libgles1
ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide
virtual/libgles2
ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide virtual/egl

I set the PREFERRED_PROVIDERS in the machine config file like this:

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl_cubox ?= "marvell-libgfx"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles1_cubox ?= "marvell-libgfx"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles2_cubox ?= "marvell-libgfx"

which is the way pretty much all layers seem to do it.

I remember a discussion about this, with the outcome that these errors
are inevitable in danny, and that dylan has
special features in place to deal with the collisions between platform
EGL/GLES drivers and mesa. However, I cannot
find such a feature.

Does anybody know more?

cheers