[oe] Error message about multiple EGL / GLES providers

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Tue May 21 10:08:56 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-21 11:45, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 20 May 2013 19:18, Carlos Rafael Giani <dv at pseudoterminal.org> wrote:
>> I am currently adapting the cubox layer for dylan, and get these errors:
>>
>> ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide
>> virtual/libgles1
>> ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide
>> virtual/libgles2
>> ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide virtual/egl
> What are the bb files that are being build?  I'm guessing mesa and
> marvell-libgfx, but can you confirm this?  If you use depexp you can
> find out what's pulling in mesa, but it's generally mesa-demos.  This
> depends on virtual/libgl that you're not providing, so it will pull in
> Mesa.
>
> If you don't have any support for "big" GL then the easiest fix is to
> take the recent patches to mesa-demos in master that let you turn off
> GL using PACKAGECONFIG options.
>
> Ross

The collision is indeed between marvell-libgfx and mesa, I just
verified. My case is actually quite common with embedded 3D hardware -
EGL, OpenGL ES 1.x,2.x and OpenVG are supported, but desktop OpenGL
isn't. I have seen this with nVidia Tegra, Vivante, PowerVR, and ARM
Mali hardware so far. It would be useful to instruct Mesa to turn off
its OpenGLES and EGL support, leaving Mesa only for GLX+Desktop OpenGL
(software-rendered), if anybody really needs it. As an alternative, as
you suggest, I could simply turn off desktop OpenGL, but I have the
feeling that this would be better off as a user decision that can be
configured in the local.conf file. What do you think?