[oe] [yocto] meta-xilinx moved to meta-xilinx-community

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu May 30 02:22:25 UTC 2013

Sipke

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Sipke Vriend <sipke.vriend at xilinx.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> yoctoproject.org is now hosting meta-xilinx from Xilinx.
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-xilinx/
> This repository was previously at www.github.com/Xilinx/meta-xilinx.git, and will remain there as a mirror.
>
> This layer contains Xilinx hardware support metadata for Zynq and Microblaze architecture, currently with bsp layers targeting the evaluation boards zc702, zedboard and kc705. The layer is under development and further information is available in README files within the layer.

How does it relate to meta-xilinx-community layer ?

eg.
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-xilinx-community/tree/conf/machine

contains

zc702 zc706 and zedboard machines among others.

and the new meta-xilinx layer contains bsps for zc702 and zedboard as well.

I do not know much about xilinx family of chips. But say if I were to
use zeboard
which layer would I choose ?

and how are development of these two layers related if at all