[oe] making qt5 package machine specific

André Draszik andre.draszik at linaro.org
Fri Nov 22 08:40:48 UTC 2013

Hi Martin,

On Thu, 2013-11-21 at 18:30 +0100, Martin Jansa wrote:
> Ah one more comment.
>
> qmake5_base.bbclass doesn't look like best place for it.
>
> I guess you have only target qtbase being MACHINE_ARCH, right?

Everything that was built using the previously configured qtbase, e.g.
qtwebkit - see below.

> qmake5_base.bbclass can be inherited by many packages which are
> TUNE_PKGARCH and don't use (depend) on target qtbase at all, so
> QMAKE_PACKAGE_ARCH would be used in more recipes then where it's really
> needed.

I don't know enough about qmake, but my thinking is that qmake will
store the (qtbase) configure options somewhere (from the time when you
configure qtbase for the target), i.e. qmake during the qtwebkit build
has access to the configuration from the time qtbase was configured.
Hence the idea is to make all (target) packages that use (inherit)
qmake5 to use the same PACKAGE_ARCH override.

Does it work differently?

Cheers,
Andre'