[oe] making qt5 package machine specific

André Draszik andre.draszik at linaro.org
Fri Nov 22 12:12:49 UTC 2013

Thanks Martin!

On Fri, 2013-11-22 at 11:51 +0100, Martin Jansa wrote:
> You can have recipes which use only qtbase-native and qmake only as
> build tool and don't use target qtbase at all.
>
> Such recipes inherit qmake5_base to setup paths etc and shouldn't became
> MACHINE_ARCH just because target qtbase (which they don't use at all) is.

OK.

Would it be better / ok to move my patch into qt5.inc then?

My only (maybe unjustified) concern with this is: What defines if some
source code uses / can see configuration options from qtbase configure
time when invoking qmake? Purely that projects own build system? I can't
see anything in meta-qt5 that could affect this, unless I'm missing
something.

In other words, could a recipe build sources that depend on the Qt
configuration, without including qt5.inc?

Cheers,
Andre'