[oe] [meta-qt5] Update to 5.1.1?

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 13:39:18 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 02:30:05PM +0100, Laszlo Papp wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Denys Dmytriyenko <denis at denix.org> wrote:
> > Since Dora is a branch of meta-qt5, I don't understand your statements
> > about
> > being orthogonal and not integrated...
> >

> You will be able to use *any* meta-qt5 on top of Dora, just as you can use
> meta-qt5 on top of denzil nowadays. The "dora branching" sounds like red
> herring to me. The dependencies in Dora will be good enough for 1-2 years,
> if not much more.

That's not true, we were just lucky that there weren't any incompatible
changes in oe-core, but as soon as 1.6. brings e.g. new cmake, master
branch will work only with master and dora only with dora (because of
.bbappend).

So the same branch names are the only supported combination, if you want
to use meta-qt5/master with oe-core/dylan then you're on your own. It
works now, but only because we're lucky.

> 5.2 comes with several fundamental improvements. I would not personally
> recommend Qt 5.1 to anyone in about two months time when the release can
> happen. :)

There are companies still using 5.0.0 just because they fear to upgrade
or because newer qt versions were released to late for their release
cycle of real hw products. I agree that it would be nice for everybody
to just use latest, but there are still meta-qt5 users which cannot do
that.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com