[oe] [meta-qt5] Update to 5.1.1?

Trevor Woerner trevor.woerner at linaro.org
Tue Oct 8 15:47:58 UTC 2013

On 8 October 2013 09:39, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> So the same branch names are the only supported combination, if you want
> to use meta-qt5/master with oe-core/dylan then you're on your own. It
> works now, but only because we're lucky.

I have been experimenting with using meta-qt5's master with oe-core's
dylan and have noticed the following:

1) master now has a nice PACKAGECONFIG, so if you were setting/using
any configuration settings you'll need to update your .bbappend (or
whatever) to use the new facility

2) if all you want is qtbase then this doesn't apply; but if you want
other qt components you'll need to explicitly enable ICU in qtbase
(this wasn't required in dylan)

3) if you want to enable support for DirectFB you'll find that the
version of DirectFB in oe-core's dylan branch isn't high enough

But other than that, yes it works.