[oe] [meta-qt5] fontconfig

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 22:31:56 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 10:50:03PM +0200, Nicolas Dechesne wrote:
> hi,
>
> is there any specific reason why fontconfig is enabled by default in
> meta-qt5/master (5.1) while it was disabled by default in
> meta-qt5/dylan (5.0). It was explicitely disabled in dylan with this
> patch:
>
> http://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/52343/

Probably my mistake when I was adding PACKAGECONFIGs to qtbase, I have
very weak feeling it was somehow related to fontconfig being
autodetected even when it wasn't explicitly enabled or some weird
freetype-fontconfig dependency, but because I haven't documented it in
commit message or by comment in qtbase.inc I'm willing to try if
disabling it by default breaks something.

The worst thing would be that people will have to manually update their
.bbappends if they depend on fontconfig enabled in qtbase now.

Regards,

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com