[oe] [meta-qt5][RFC] qtbase: fix build for gles2 enabled by PACKAGECONFIG

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 28 23:06:15 UTC 2013

While playing around with QtQuick I needed gles2 support. Doing so I faced tons
of error messages as mentionet in patch. It is caused by include chain:

EGL/egl.h -> EGL/eglplatform.h -> X11/Xlib.h -> X.h

In X.h we find definitions like

#ifndef None
#define None                 0L	/* universal null resource or null atom */
#endif

This causes building Qt to crash when using these kind of symbols.

The patch was sent as RFC because:

1.  I would like ro discuss this at interest at qt-project.org and/or
    a mail to listmaster but no response either.
2.  qtbase_git might need same (and fails with the patch)
3.  This is not a proper solution: It is fragile and will return for future
    changes. Proper soultion would be renaming the symbols Qt but I cannot
    discuss due to 1.
4.  Nobody reported a build error for meta-qt5 so far.

Andreas Müller (1):
  qtbase: fix build for gles2 enabled by PACKAGECONFIG

 ...-reorder-includes-to-fix-build-with-eglfs.patch | 238 +++++++++++++++++++++
 recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase.inc                          |   1 +
 2 files changed, 239 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase-5.1.1/0027-reorder-includes-to-fix-build-with-eglfs.patch

--
1.8.3.1