[oe] [meta-qt5][RFC] qtbase: fix build for gles2 enabled by PACKAGECONFIG

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 07:07:36 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 12:06:15AM +0100, Andreas Müller wrote:
> While playing around with QtQuick I needed gles2 support. Doing so I faced tons
> of error messages as mentionet in patch. It is caused by include chain:
>
> EGL/egl.h -> EGL/eglplatform.h -> X11/Xlib.h -> X.h
>
> In X.h we find definitions like
>
> #ifndef None
> #define None                 0L	/* universal null resource or null atom */
> #endif
>
> This causes building Qt to crash when using these kind of symbols.
>
> The patch was sent as RFC because:
>
> 1.  I would like ro discuss this at interest at qt-project.org and/or
>     a mail to listmaster but no response either.
> 2.  qtbase_git might need same (and fails with the patch)
> 3.  This is not a proper solution: It is fragile and will return for future
>     changes. Proper soultion would be renaming the symbols Qt but I cannot
>     discuss due to 1.
> 4.  Nobody reported a build error for meta-qt5 so far.

We had similar problem, but fixed gles2 provider instead, in our case we
were using libhybris and the fix was to prevent loading X11 headers when
we want to use just gles2 from it.

Similar changes were added to mesa lately, can you do the same with
gles2 provider on your platform?

I must admit that I haven't read the patch yet and haven't finished
morning coffee :).