[oe] Heads up: _remove in recipe namespace - check your layers

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Sep 2 09:54:20 UTC 2013

Hi all,

With the recent addition of a _remove operator into BitBake in master [1] any
use of _remove_ within a name or _remove at the end of a name within recipe
namespace (i.e. function and variable names) needs to be changed to avoid
unexpected behaviour. This change is now in master and will be in the upcoming
release. Please check the layers you maintain and change any instances of
these to avoid the use of _remove. You can use the following command to find
these (of course ignoring anything that's not in a recipe, bbclass, inc file
etc.):

  git grep _remove[^a-zA-Z]

In particular I've checked a number of layers that I have fetched locally, and
references exist in meta-arago-distro and meta-angstrom, so these will need to
be fixed as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Paul

[1]