[oe] [FIXED] Partitioned Image Creation and Initramfs Problem for ALIX3D3

Eren Türkay eren at hambedded.org
Mon Sep 2 10:11:19 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 06:20:14PM +0200, Eren Türkay wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi again,

> The possible solution that came to my mind is to get
> "boot-directdisk.bbclass", add initramfs installation, put the code
> in a seperate bbclass, rename the function as IMAGE_CMD_alix-hddimage,
> and add "alix-hddimage" to IMAGE_FSTYPES. The same technique is used by
> meta-raspberrypi layer [1]

> However, the problem with this is that "core-image-minimal-initramfs"
> includes "initramfs-live-boot" by default. This script tries to find
> rootfs.img and if it cannot find, it fails to boot the board. In this
> case, we will have extracted rootfs in /dev/sda2, so rootfs.img will not
> be there.
>
> I looked at "initramfs-framework" recipe and it seems to fit for it. For
> initramfs problem, should I create "alix3d3-minimal-initramfs" recipe,
> add "initramfs-framework-base initramfs-module-udev" to IMAGE_INSTALL
> and make "IMAGE_CMD_alix-hddimage" depend on
> "alix3d3-minimal-initramfs"? Would it be a proper solution?

I applied the solution here and the generated image works as expected. I
needed to create seperate initramfs image for the board, and have a
bbclass file for image creation (IMAGE_CMD_alix-hddimage). This bbclass
for image creation is the mix of boot-directdisk.bbclass and
sdimage_rpi.

https://github.com/eren/meta-alix3d3

Initramfs image is in "recipes-core/images", and the bbclass file is in
"classes" directory. For those who are interested, taking a look at
"conf/machine/alix3d3.conf" would be helpful as well.

Cheers,
Eren

--
    . 73! DE TA1AET