[oe] UTF-8 Encoding Problem in List Archives

Eren Türkay eren at hambedded.org
Wed Sep 4 08:53:04 UTC 2013

Hello,

I noticed that commit e-mails in openembedded-commits list archives do
not have UTF-8 support for headers. Although the patch e-mail contains
charset="utf-8", the archive subject is not human-readable, which makes
my name (probably others) unreadable.

Please look at the end of the page below:

http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-commits/2013-September/thread.html

It seems that this is a mailman encoding problem.

Of course, I can use ASCII characters only in my name. However, it is
2013 and the world should have fixed these kind of problems long ago :)

Regards,
Eren

--
    . 73! DE TA1AET