[oe] Dropped libnl fix for net-snmp: Why?

Joe MacDonald joe at deserted.net
Thu Sep 5 17:22:41 UTC 2013

[Dropped libnl fix for net-snmp: Why?] On 13.09.05 (Thu 16:43) Laszlo Papp wrote:

> Hi Joe and co,
>
> what exactly is the reason for this patch having been dropped?
>
> http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/20563/
>
> This was not so thoughtful decision. The current net-snmp version will not
> build against denzil, and in fact, this patch should be even upstreamed. I will
> take care about that one, but is there any objection against me submitting this
> change for net-snmp in meta-networking?

Nope, no objection from me.  It appears to be reasonable.  I think the
only reason it doesn't appear in meta-net today is it was sent against
OE Classic and perhaps never sent for inclusion in meta-openembedded.
That's just a wild guess, though, it looks like the whole thing
may pre-date my involvement with the project.

--
-Joe MacDonald.
:wq