[oe] [meta-qt5] fix do_rootfs for images with dev-pkgs in IMAGE_FEATURES

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at sigma-chemnitz.de
Thu Sep 26 10:45:46 UTC 2013

"Burton, Ross" <ross.burton at intel.com> writes:

>> I ran into this problem the other day, and after speaking to Ross
>> Burton, he suggested that the better way to fix this is with:
>>
>> RDEPENDS_${PN}-dev = ""
>>
>> I'm starting to get the feeling that the dev-pkgs feature is also a
>> little broken, as it seems as though it doesn't handle cases where
>> sub-packages are installed, but the main package is not.
>
> Well, the problem is the default dependency on the main package in the
> -dev package, which happens whether or not the main package even
> exists.  That's why I prefer removing the dependency instead of
> creating empty packages just for the bad dependency.

ack.  This causes also problems with populate_sdk as it can add
conflicting packages to the package set.  E.g. when having 'dropbear'
and 'openssh-sftp-server' in the image, the -dev RDEPENDS tries to add
the conflicting 'dropbear' and 'openssh' packages to the sdk.

Instead of (or better: additional to) changing 'RDEPENDS_${PN}-dev', I
would prefer the removal of 'ALLOW_EMPTY_${PN}-dev' from bitbake.conf.
There is not reason to create -dev packages for applications.

In 'meta/conf/bitbake.conf' the '${PN}' in

|:RDEPENDS_${PN}-dev = "${PN} (= ${EXTENDPKGV})"

should be replaced by something which means the "library" package(s).

Enrico