[oe] udev auto-mount not doing fsck

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 13:10:14 UTC 2014

OK an update.  I decided to stub the automount.rules for the moment to try
and get things working the old way and I'm seeing some curious behavior.
The target is running Yocto 1.5 so it is a fairly recent distro.

I made an entry in /etc/fstab for my eUSB with the sixth column set to 2.
On reboot fsck doesn't run.  Hmmm, curious.  I still see the:

EXT4-fs (sda1): warning: maximal mount count reached, running e2fsck is
recommended
EXT4-fs (sda1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)

... messages at boot.

So I do touch /forcefsck and reboot.   Same result.
shutdown -rF ... same result.

I can't figure out why none of these methods is checking my eUSB drive.

Regards,

Brian