[oe] udev auto-mount not doing fsck

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 15:12:22 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net>wrote:

> Brian Hutchinson schreef op 10-04-14 15:10:
> > OK an update.  I decided to stub the automount.rules for the moment to
> > try and get things working the old way and I'm seeing some curious
> > behavior. The target is running Yocto 1.5 so it is a fairly recent
> > distro.
> >
> > I made an entry in /etc/fstab for my eUSB with the sixth column set to
> > 2. On reboot fsck doesn't run.  Hmmm, curious.  I still see the:
> >
> > EXT4-fs (sda1): warning: maximal mount count reached, running e2fsck is
> > recommended EXT4-fs (sda1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
> > Opts: (null)
> >
> > ... messages at boot.
> >
> > So I do touch /forcefsck and reboot.   Same result. shutdown -rF ... same
> > result.
> >
> > I can't figure out why none of these methods is checking my eUSB drive.
>
> To ask the obvious question: is fsck.ext{2,3,4} present on your system?

Hey Koen,

Yes, I have the complete e2fsprogs package in the rootfs so I have e2fsck
etc.

I just did some tests where I modified the existing mount.sh to run fsck
first (which busybox passes through and calls the real e2fsck) an so using
udev rules with some ENV{ID_} type commands to identify my eUSB and then
call my "special" mount script via RUN appears to work so I guess I'll have
to continue going that route .... which is in keeping with the new udev way
of doing things.

I was just kind of puzzled as to why the older methods didn't work ... not
that I have ran into this kind of thing before.  Usually I'm using a raw
NOR or NAND and with a filesystem that deals with the FTL ... this is my
first time using a mass storage device that handles all the ECC, leveling
etc. behind the scenes and pretends to be a disk.

Regards,

Brian