[oe] Where can I get a arm cross toolchain for oe-core?

Journeyer J. Joh oosaprogrammer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 11:42:51 UTC 2014

Hello,

I use OE for qualcomm's MDM + AP soc system.
OE is used on AP side.

The build environment is bitbake based and I felt it like a sandbox system.
I am sorry I don't know about OE, bitbake very well.. almost I know
nothing..

I can build the target image. Yes.
But I wonder how I compile any 3rd party applications for my target.
I did build one by adding the application source code into the whole image
source tree.
This way builds the application as a part of the target image. I can find
it in /usr/bin with other default applications together.

And I did build another by using a general arm cross toolchain like
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc.
Using this toolchain is simple and easy. But there is no gurantee that this
toolchain has identical libc that is used in the target image. It's not
only the libc, runtime library, and hardware floating point operation
configurations are not certain, not guranteed.

I believe there should exist one that 100% syncs with OE bitbake compile
environment.
I doubt if I can try to use just OE bitbake environment for those 3rd party
applications.

How am I supposed to go forward?

Sincerely
Journeyer