[oe] What is the relationship between Open Embedded for MSM and Yocto Project?

Journeyer J. Joh oosaprogrammer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 06:49:40 UTC 2014

Hello,

First of all I thank Nicolas Dechesne and Brian Hutchinson, for the
previous kind replies.

While I was reading documents from Yocto Project, I found my source code in
use in my company is of Open Embedded for MSM.

I found this from the git remote url of my surce code. It is
  git://codeaurora.org/quic/le/openembedded/openembedded-core

And the one of Yocto project is
  git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky

>From the git log prints poky is actively developped now but
openembedded-core is not.

In a nutshell(I learned this expression today^^),
- What is the relationship between those two? Any differences? Commons?
- Can I refer to the documents about poky for my openembedded-core?

Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely
Journeyer

Journeyer J. Joh