[oe] How to apply "-Wl,--build-id" in all recipes?

Christopher Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Sat Aug 9 18:22:11 UTC 2014

On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 9:46 PM, Changhyeok Bae <changhyeok.bae at lge.com>
wrote:

> As I said, I applied the variable in local.conf.
> The LDFLAGS env. variable is included '-Wl,--build-id'.
> However, the variable is not applied at the linking time.

All recipes *should* ensure that the buildsystem of what they're building
obeys our LDFLAGS, but plenty do not. We used to spot these cases via the
GNU_HASH warnings, but now we build the internal toolchain with the default
gnu hash so cases where LDFLAGS isn't being obeyed are slightly more
difficult to detect unless you'er building with an external toolchain.
There are some fixes for such issues floating around in the meta-sourcery
repository until I get time to push them. So I expect it's a case by case
thing. It should be applied for most things, but it's possible that it
doesn't in others, and it'd be a bug in the cases where it isn't.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com