[oe] i.MX6 VPU in yocto firefox

Zhen Cong Tee ZhenCong.Tee at VERIFONE.com
Mon Aug 25 01:06:50 UTC 2014

Greetings,

May I know how can I integrate the VPU decoder of i.MX6 MPU into the firefox brower in yocto?

I manage to integrate the firefox browser in the image. But when I wanted to run some video in the browser, it is not supported.

When I run the below page:

http://www.youtube.com/html5

The h.264 and VP8 is not ticked.

I am able to run h.264 and VP8 video in gstreamer and I did a little background survey on firefox. From page below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Firefox

I found out that firefox only support gstreamer starting version 14.

>From the meta-browser, the firefox version that is available in yocto is 10.0.11esr.

May i know how can i upgrade the yocto firefox to version 14 or later to test out the gstreamer? May I know what is the latest firefox version available for Yocto?

Thank you.

Regards,

Zhen Cong Tee

This electronic message, including attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or company named above or to which it is addressed. The information contained in this message shall be considered confidential and proprietary, and may include confidential work product. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this email immediately.