[oe] [meta-qt5] How to include the geoservice plugins in the image

Alexander Andrell alexander.andrell at alps.se
Thu Dec 11 20:34:43 UTC 2014

Hello,

I would very much appreciate if anyone could help me. I've spent some days now trying to get the qt5 geoservice plugins to be baked into an image for a Nitrogen6X (imx6) board following various guides, e.g. https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-99366 and https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94849. I've made some adjustments to the local.conf, specifically added the following lines to IMAGE_INSTALL_append:
qtlocation \
qtlocation-plugins \
qtlocation-qmlplugins \
qtlocation-examples \

One would think that the geoservices plugins would be included, sine the geoservices plugins are located under qtlocation (https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtlocation - src/plugins/geoservices). Especially since the "-plugins" tag is specified, but nope. (Sorry for my limited knowledge, I might be completely out of line here). No geoservices folder in /usr/lib/qt5/plugins in the baked image. However there is a folder "position" under /usr/lib/qt5/plugins, containing "libposition_positionpoll.so", which is a plugin(?).
I've used the dora branch, switched to dizzy (clean start/new HDD). Performed repro sync today (11 dec 2014), on the dizzy branch. The meta-qt5 layer just got updated too to qt 5.4, which is nice. Then bitbake core-image-base. But still no geoservices plugins.
Qt5 is working, I have successfully set up the tool chain and can cross compile and deploy from a Ububtu (64-bit) PC via SSH.
However when running a simple Qt QML application with just a basic map element and nokia or osm geoservice plugin the application spits out that no suitable plugin can be found. I can run the simple application on the host when using the RC1 of Qt5.4 since the geoservices plugins seems to be delivered with the RC1.

I would like to avoid compiling the geoservices plugins by hand and manually putting them on the device each time I build an image for various reasons.
So my question is if anyone knows if there is some way to get the geoservices plugins to be bitbaked in the image? Have anyone successfully bitbaked an image with the qt5 geoservices plugins?

Best regards
Alexander Andréll
Trade register: HRB 14717, Amtsgericht Duesseldorf Directors: Wilfried Baumann, Takashi Kimoto, Nobuto Okawa, Shuji Takamura VAT numbers: FR00348338054, DE119261426, IE9513462E, NL805332182B01, CZ681776741, GB674296401, SE516404971901 Imprint also available on our website: http://www.alps-europe.com/imprint/ This electronic message contains information which may be confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual/s or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this mail is prohibited. Please delete this e-mail if you have received this electronic message in error and kindly notify us by telephone or e-mail immediately (contact details are listed above).