[oe] Cross canadian gcc configuration

Alfonso Tamés alfonso at tames.com
Sun Dec 14 07:46:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

I just bitbaked an arm based (freescale) Yocto Master image and
populated an sdk with -c populate_sdk.

When I try to compile a hello world program with the
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc compiler, first I get an error not finding
<stdio.h>, and when I pass the directory through the -I flag, I get the
classic"stubs.h:7:29: fatal error: gnu/stubs-soft.h: No such file or
directory" error which I supposed is being thrown since gcc cross
canadian is not being configured by default (as my image) hard float.

I noticed in the gcc-cross-canadian.inc that the --with-gxx-include-dir
and --with-sysroot in EXTRA_OECONF_PATHS have a "/not/exist" string:

EXTRA_OECONF_PATHS = "\
--with-gxx-include-dir=/not/exist${target_includedir}/c++/${BINV} \
--with-build-time-tools=${STAGING_DIR_NATIVE}${prefix_native}/${TARGET_SYS}/bin
\
--with-sysroot=/not/exist \
--with-build-sysroot=${STAGING_DIR_TARGET} \
"

Shoudn't it be ${SDKPATH} instead of "/not/exist" ?

I think that would resolve not finding the include dirs. Now, for the
environment not picking a hard float image and producing a
gcc-cross-canadian accordingly, where should I be looking?

Thanks,

Alfonso